Sunday, December 18, 2005

Chinese Takeaway?

On days when I don't feel like cooking (rarely, for wanting to save money) the option that my husband and I choose is the local chinese takeaway. I am lured by the notion that chinese takeaways everywhere have the same quality as chinese takeaways in Manila. WRONG. Chinese takeaways here are indecent. They make you feel bloated, they taste horrible, are ridiculously expensive, and they give you headaches afterwards. So why do I always opt for the inevitable? I should learn my lesson. You've tasted one, you've tasted them all.

Mayflower chinese takeaway
Mapo Tofu

Mike wouldn't even touch it.

Crispy Pork Belly

It was chewy. Very chewy. My jaw hurts.

Special Fried Rice

This was special alright. Specially disgusting.
The rice was dry, the onions were raw. There's nothing I hate more than putting raw onions in the notion that they will heat up together with the cooked rice. NOT!

Pad Thai Noodles

Greasy, bland, disgusting.

Crispy Springrolls

These were a bit ok to my surprise. Edible at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home