Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Craving my husband's food

Yesterday was a tiring day at work, and all I wanted when I got home was some of my husband's yummy cooking. He indulged me and viola!

Porkchop with sauteed lettuce, mushrooms and gravy



Talking about cravings...Ed and I were chatting about food we miss from home. It's a downside to living in another country, the food that you normally take for granted gets magnified a gazillion times when you can't get your hands on any of them. So without much ado:

1. Inihaw na tenga ng baboy, isaw, balunbalunan (with the obligatory suka with onion and sili) Waw! I am salivating as I type

2. Dinuguan (granted there is a goldilocks dinuguan in foil pack, but it doesn't really feel right when you see dinuguan in a foil pack)...hey I'm not complaining, I'm planning to bring some with me when I go home next year.

3. Kare kare (of course! with bagoong!)

4. Century tuna in oil (yes, we do have canned tuna here but it just doesn't compare)

5. Paksiw na bangus or inihaw na bangus

6. Chicken joy (as in my last post...) with gravy...with burger steak...with extra rice (specifically with burger steak according to ED)

7. Tapaking

8. Tokyo tokyo potato balls

9. Laing

10. Crispy pata

11. Sisig (op cors!)

and the reason for our sudden urge for homegrown food...

12. Taba ng talangka (with calamansi and patis)

*Slarp* Wiping drool....

2 Comments:

Blogger bogchief said...

That's a pretty good list. Do you ever trawl the city (London, is it?) and try to find nice little ethnic joints? That's our hobby here in Manila and I'd love to do it in another city.

2:42 AM  
Blogger So said...

I do actually. London is a good place to find great food at uhm...not so affordable prices. Heheheh.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home