Friday, February 17, 2006

Healthy Living

I've been trying to make healthier meals for my husband lately. Often, he comes home from work in the wee hours, and not surprisingly for someone working in the kitchen, is usually tired and HUNGRY. Yes, people may assume that chefs are well fed for obvious reasons, but contrary to this we are not. For the past months I've been making regular food, and everyone knows eating regular food in the wee hours of the morning contributes to massive love handles. We are in handlebar city currently and are going on the healthy living track.

I am fond of salads, although the picture that I am posting does not reflect it (I still need to learn how to take amazing pictures). I am not pertaining to raw vegetables tossed together and eaten as is...like a rabbit. The salad for me is a work of art. The process of picking the leaves, making sure each and everyone of them are perfect, refreshing them in ice water, and drying them so that they come alive, crisp with every bite. I am passionate about salad dressings, from the oil, seasoning, down to the aromatic herbs crushed to release their flavors and oils, not overpowering, but merely lending a sutle taste to the leaves. Everything else must come from fresh ingredients, completing the perfect salad. I got this from working in the cold larder, being fortunate enough to have a chef de partie that inspected every salad leaf bordering on obsession. Here's to healthy eating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home