Tuesday, March 07, 2006

An amazing dinner from my wonderchef husband

It is not everyday that Michael prepares me dinner, but when he does I know it is something special. The meal is centered around my trip to borough market, with the rabbit that I've bought, Michael saved the saddle and designed the whole evening meal around it. I didn't know how much effort he put into the dinner, but I found out that he did some parts of the meal while he was at work. Good thing too, we don't have an industrial slicer at home... Winnie was here (yes we managed to squeeze in a guest at our tiny house) and we had loads of fun tonight. As my husband is very protective of his recipes, he specifically told me to *describe the meal without giving away too much ok?* Alright then...hmp...

Our starter was a millefeuille of salmon and avocado with parmesan crisps. The parmesan crips he made beforehand at work to let them dry out overnight. I might be biased, but I was bowled over by how it was presented. Afterall, I was just expecting dinner, and he did not disappoint. The moment we saw the plate, we knew it was going to be special. Winnie whispered "Is this what you guys have for dinner everyday?" with gooey eyed wonder.



The main course, which was what our whole dinner centered on was almost overcooked because it was a *you girls should stop staring at your magazines and sit at the table so I can bring your food because it's going to be overcooked!* moment. The chef speaks, so we sit.



The saddle was stuffed with herb butter and rabbit liver then wrapped in pancetta. We could hear the sizzling of the pan as he was crisping the pancetta, and the whoosh of the oven as he finished cooking off the rabbit. The vegetables were braised in orange juice (freshly squeezed my my), olive oil, butter and sugar (let's hope this isn't giving away too much). Rabbit juz and basil oil.

Our wine, courtesy of Winnie and Ray, was Beaujolais-Villages 2004 Domaine Des Nugues. It was a good wine (I'm on an alcohol break, we had too much wine at last Saturday's practice dinner for my mom...more on that next time) according to Michael. Thank you guys.



Dinner was amazing.

2 Comments:

Blogger santos. said...

oh lucky you! what a wonderful meal that must have been. i've added you to my list of asian women's food blogs, i hope you don't mind!

8:53 AM  
Blogger So said...

Thanks santos! Don't mind at all!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home