Sunday, March 05, 2006

Nippon Center

Following my trip to picadilly circus, Winnie and I popped in the nippon center to buy some authentic japanese food. I got some udon noodles, bean sprouts, miso (1kg worth! that's what I get for not reading the label) and thinly sliced organic beef (albeit coming from scotland, it still fresher than what I get from my local grocery store). Together with the wild mushrooms from borough market, I was able to whip up a hearty soup for Michael later that evening.



Ingredients:

Thinly sliced beef
Bean sprouts
Green beans
Wild mushrooms
1L Stock
Miso
Udon noodles

Blanche the bean sprouts and green beans in salted boiling water. Refresh with cold water to stop them from overcooking.
Heat the stock until just boiling, mix in 1 tablespoon of miso paste and simmer gently. Do not boil. Skim off the impurities.
Soften the udon noodles in the miso soup.
Saute the mushrooms in a hot pan. Mix in the bean sprouts and green beans.
Sear the beef in a hot pan until just cooked.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and ladle the miso soup on top.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gustad said...

yum. looks so tasty

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home