Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A meal fit for a birthday girl

I spent Christmas at my mother-in-law's. We talked about what she would be making and I couldn't wait to see her in the kitchen. My mother-in-law makes great food. As my husband puts it..."no one else can cook like her".

She made a feast. It was a great Christmas dinner sans the turkey and potatoes. We opted for a more chinese meal. She made our favorite, pork belly with ginger and soy sauce. She also made fish, prawns and peh tsam kweh (Steamed chicken with ginger and spring onions). I stayed to watch as she was preparing lunch. It is always a treat to watch other people cook.
We had a great christmas lunch on my birthday. It was perfect.


2 Comments:

Blogger santos. said...

oh my. you are making me hungry. that chicken looks so very, very tasty. happy birthday to you!

6:39 PM  
Blogger So said...

Thanks! =) The food my MIL prepared was delicious!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home