Thursday, January 04, 2007

A meal fit for...Part 3



This was my favorite part of the meal. My mother in law's famous Stewed pork belly with ginger and soysauce. It reminds me of my grandmother's stewed pork.
Cut the pork belly into large cubes.

Fry in oil until brown. Add the peeled ginger.

Add the soysauce and cover with water.

Simmer until the water evaporates and the pork is cooked.
Eat with steamed rice. Yum...

We also had soup made from the broth left from the steamed chicken.
Wash then soak the dried chinese mushrooms in water for at least 2 hours. My mom leaves it overnight.
Soak the dried fungus (it sounds yucky but tastes great as with all chinese food) for 2 hours.
Add the mushrooms and fungus in the broth and simmer until cooked.

2 Comments:

Blogger tigerfish said...

So you still have leftover fungus? Can make dessert with barley and gingko nuts. :p

3:38 PM  
Blogger So said...

Oh cool! Great idea!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home